Call For Papers: Ethical Games Conference (please share broadly!!)
## A Conference and Special Issue on the ethics of digital game design, development, and operation ##
Ethical Games is a two-day, single-track online conference and special issue with ACM Games aiming to bring together game academics and industry professionals to advance the debate on ethical design, development, and live operation of digital games. We invite presentations and full paper submissions. The conference will blend presentations with roundtable discussions and online socialising opportunities.
## Key facts ##
– Submission deadline: September 25, 2023, 23:59 AOE
– Conference: 11-12 January 2024, online
– Publication: Full papers in a special issue with ACM Games
– Organizers: Dr Celia Hodent (Game UX Summit Chair), Prof Sebastian Deterding (Imperial College London) & Prof Fran Blumberg (Fordham University)
– Cost: Free to attend for accepted authors
– Website: https://lnkd.in/gQKPh5mw
Notice actual web URL is http://ethicalgamesconference.org/ (not https).
## How to Submit ##
Ethical Games welcomes two kinds of submissions: Presentations and Papers.
### Presentation ###
Submit a proposal for a talk (15 min + 5 min Q&A) or flash talk (5 min + group Q&A) at the conference. The organizing team will invite select presenters to write and publish a Viewpoint or Horizon article for ACM Games based on their presentation. Authors should submit a title, short abstract (50 words) and extended abstract (500-800 words excluding references) describing their presentation topic and a short (50 word) biography and additional information for featuring the talk on the conference website. Submissions may but need not include links to draft presentation slides.
Submit your presentation via EasyChair at https://lnkd.in/gTPPHxkE.
### Paper ###
Submit an original research paper that will be academically peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be presented at the conference (15 min + 5 min Q&A) and published as part of a Special Issue on Ethical Games with the journal ACM Games: Research and Practice. See the ACM Games Article Types for guidance on format and word count. Eligible article types are Case Study, Research Article, Dataset, Review, and Tutorial: https://games.acm.org
IMPORTANT: When submitting, please note ‘For Special Issue: Ethical Games’ at the top of your Cover Letter and select the track ‘Social, Ethical, and Political Issues’.
Submit your paper to ACM Games via ManuscriptCentral: https://lnkd.in/gcFKqxQZ
## Important dates ##
– Submission Deadline: 25 September, 2023 (23:59 AOE)
– Presentation acceptance notification: 8 October, 2023
– Paper acceptance notification: 13 November, 2023
– Conference: 11-12 January, 2024
– Invited articles deadline: 17 February, 2024 (23:59 AOE)
– Revised manuscripts deadline: 1 March, 2024 (23:59 AOE)
– Special Issue acceptance: 1 April, 2024
– Special Issue published: June, 2024
Originally published by Celia Hodent